Monday, September 27, 2004

Coors, Salazar, and Amendment 36

A reader sent me an email asking the following question:

"Where do Coors and Salazar stand on this? Their race seems like a logical place to get 36 more public and defeated."

Frankly, I don't have an answer. I checked the websites and saw no mention of Amendment 36. I didn't do a deep dive, so if there are any experts on the race, please comment and let me know the answer. I'm sure the gents at the Rocky Mountain Alliance have some info or could get a post going regarding 36 and the candidates on their Salazar v. Coors blog.

If I had to make a guess, I would say that Coors opposes 36 because most Republicans do. Salazar is a little more difficult because he has recently distanced himself from the Kerry campaign, but since this is a Democratic-backed proposal, he may tow the party line and support it.

Anyone with any additional information, please pass it on.